Essential Parts of a Freelancer's Website
A freelancer needs it's own website. His personal website has many uses:
- For promoting services/products
- For showing current/old work (portfolio)
- Providing the information for anyone that wants to learn about him
- Text that explains briefly what you do. More details should be given in the Services section.
- Link to services
- Link to portfolio: A slideshow that shows previous work is a nice idea.
- Contact Details: Make your contact details clear and easy to find.
- List of services
- Explain exactly what you do.
- Previous/current projects
- Previous/current clients
- List of posts
- Write often
- Provide useful content
- Keep it simple
- Search box
- Visitors can use it to find what they are looking for
page revision: 3, last edited: 14 Oct 2011 10:27