Facebook provides a great opportunity for visibility, Google indexing, live search ability, and fan engagement.
Facebook pages are generally better for a long-term relationships with your fans, readers or customers.
- You have to add content in your facebook page often.
- Keep in mind of high traffic windows. This is usually in daytime.
What to Post
- Own thoughts
- Breaking news
- Useful tips
- Resources and links from other sites.
- Ask fans what they want with a poll
Promote Facebook Fan Page
- Invite people from your facebook friend lists.
- Find people with facebook search: Use option to search "posts by everyone" to see conversations of all people. Find people with same interests and add them to your list.
- Facebook fan box widget: Great feature to add to your blog or website.
Facebook groups are generally better for hosting a (quick) active discussion and attracting quick attention.