Google Analytics Tracking Code
- The Google Analytics (GA) tracking code collects visitor data for your website.
- The tracking code contains a unique ID for your website.
Setup up the web tracking code
- Register or login to GA
- Add your website as a property
- Find the tracking code: Admin > select property > click the tracking info tab
- Turn on the tracking options you want, then click Save
- Copy and place the code snippet just before the closing head html tag
- Verify and customize
- First you need to enable ecommerce tracking from your Analytics account.
- Admin > Choose account > Profile > Profile Settings > Under the E-Commerce settings option, select Yes, an E-commerce Site/App > Click Apply
- The you need to add Ecommerce tracking to your website
- Create a transaction object. Use the _addTrans() method
- Add items to the transaction with the _addItem() method
- Submit the transaction to the Analytics server with the _trackTrans() method
page revision: 2, last edited: 21 Dec 2012 11:27