To get a ranking for your website you must have the following elements:
- Address: You must have a physical address.
- Category: Make sure you listed your business in the correct category.
- Keywords: It's a good idea to add the keywords for which you want to be found in your business name. For example if you have a restaurant you can name it "George's Restaurant".
- Citations: Citations are mentions of your business name and address from other web pages. For example a yellow page directory or the local chamber of commerce might list your business. Having lots of citations shows to Google that you have a real business.
- Data Consistency: Your data should be consistent across the different websites that you list your business. The most important are name, address and phone number.
- Reviews: The more positive reviews your company has, the better. So you could encourange your customers to write a positive review.
- Proximity to the searched location: If you have a business near a location it is more likely to appear in Google Places.
page revision: 0, last edited: 22 Mar 2012 08:26