Using the data from Google Analytics you can make changes in your website that will give you real results. Following is the methodology suggested.
Business objectives are a way for a company to define its goals and direction. You have to make sure that the business objectives are D.U.M.B:
- Doable:Doable objectives answer the question, “How will this objective be accomplished?”
- Understandable: Everybody needs to understand these objectives.
- Manageable: Your objectives need to be measurable otherwise it is difficult to know if you are making progress.
- Beneficial: An objective must benefit your company and be something that you want to work toward.
Goals are a way to measure your business objectives.
|sell more books||increase hits in the "thank-you" page|
|increase visibility||get hits to a landing page|
KPI: Key Performance Indicators.
- Visitor Loyalty: How many people are actually returning to your website.
- Conversation Rate: conversation rate indicates your audience’s level of engagement. Some examples are:
- Number of comments per post
- Twitter: Number of replies and retweets per day.
- Facebook: Number of likes.
- Task Completion Rate: How many people actually performed the action they set to perform.
- Economic Value: How much are your visitors worth.
A segment is a group that is identified by their acquisition, behavior and outcome.
- Acquisition: How you attract people to your website (SEO, email, banner ads and PPC marketing).
- Behavior: What activities people perform at your website.
- Outcomes: Includes all the activities that are valuable to your business.