How To Write A Press Release
A press release, is a written statement to the media. They can announce different news item or even generate a feature story.
- Does the press release clearly state the news angle in the title?
- Does the summary elaborate on the news angle stated in the title?
- Is the title written in title case?
- Does the body of the press release go right into the news announcement, without any hype or build up?
- Use of formal language. Avoid using "you" and "we".
- Does the press release title contain your primary 1 keyword?
- Does the summary contain your secondary keywords?
- Does the press release body contain the three target keywords?
- Have you included at least 1 full URL in your press release (in case it is republished without anchor text?)
- Should be written as you want it to appear in a news story.
- Start with the date and location.
- Write the first sentence, the lead which should grab the reader and say exactly what is happening.
- Expand 1-2 sentences upon the lead.
- Write the body copy which should be compact.
- Write a paragraph that sums up the press release.
- Include information about the company.
- After the title, use a paragraph to describe your company.
- At the end of this section, point to your website and add contact information.
page revision: 4, last edited: 08 Sep 2011 13:33