There are different issues and challenges for international SEO. Internet that use English are around 26.8% world stats
- Choose a top level domain for each country you are targeting if possible.
- If a country-specific url is not an option, a subdomain is the next best solution.
- Search engines look at the IP of web sites to deliver more local results for users.
- Localization of content is important.
- Be careful with contact details.
- Be careful when translating keywords.
- You can't simply translate from English to another language.
- You have to recreate the keywords in the target language.
- You have to emphasize on local links
page revision: 0, last edited: 17 Jan 2012 10:11