Introduction To Adwords
- Seach engines help users find information they are looking for online.
- Most search engines provide two kinds of results:
- Organic (or free) results. For a website to rank well in organic results SEO is needed.
- Paid results
- Google AdWords uses a combination of factors to rank paid listings.
- Ads can be text ads, images, audio streams and even videos.
- Goals of online advertising
- Direct response: When you want the user to perform an action after clicking through your ad.
- Branding: When you want the user to learn more about your product, service or cause.
- Benefits of AdWords:
- Relevance: Ability to show ads to target audience based on their interests, location, language and demographic.
- Return on Investment (ROI): Online advertising is measurable, making it easy to understand if you are meeting your goals or not.
- Reach: Ensuring that your website is visible when users are searching what you are offering.
page revision: 4, last edited: 21 Feb 2012 09:21