Affiliate marketing is a system of advertising in which a website sells products of another website and gets a commission on any sales.
The merchant pays for advertising only on results.
- Affiliate: An affiliate is a publisher that has his own website/blog and refers visitors to another website/blog in return for revenue.
- Advertiser: The merchant that actually sells the products.
- Affiliate manager: Someone in charge of the merchant's affiliate program.
- Affiliate Network: A value-added intermediary providing services, including aggregation of affiliates, merchants and agencies.
- Affiliate Software: Software that records impressions, clicks, sales and comission.
- Return days: The number of days an affiliate can earn commission on a conversion by a referred visitor.