A conversion is what you want the user to do, once he reaches a page.
- Fill a form
- Download something
- add something in a shopping cart
A landing page is a page that a user is brought to when they click on a link.
Landing Page Optimization.
- Choose the landing pages that are important. A good tool is google analytics.
- Identify which pages are already driving good amount of traffic, and try to improve those.
- Test them
- A/B split testing: Experimenting with two different versions of a Web page.
- multivariate testing: After the A/B tests. You can test multiple elements within a landing page, and conduct more detailed analyses of these elements to see what creates a succssful page.
- Heat Maps: Where the average user's eyes go on a web page.