Table of Contents
- Content is King!
- Viral content attracts links from bloggers, forums and other websites.
- Viral content is difficult to create and promote, but once successful it can achieve lots of links.
2. Links through Embedded Content
- By offering different forms of embedded content (widgets, badges etc) you earn links.
3. Manual Link Submission
- Find relevant web pages
- Approach webmasters and ask for a link
- This is difficult to achieve but the link quality is very high.
4. Competitive Link Research
- Google top keywords
- Make list of Competitors
- Use Open Site Explorer by SeoMoz to find websites that link to competitors.
- Try to get your website included in these websites.
- Also difficult to achieve but you can get good links.
5. Link Exchange
- Reciprocal links
- Simple technique but the quality of links can vary.
6. Paid Links
- Money for links.
- An example is Yahoo directory.
- Huge scalability but very low quality on links.
7. Reclaiming Links
- Find links to broken resources and re-point them to active pages.
- Internal: With Google Webmaster Tools you can see pages on your web page that are issuing errors and the list of links that point to them. You can do a 301 redirection of the broken pages.
- External: Broken Link Building
- Find forums anb blogs relevant to your market
- Subscribe to RSS.
- Add link to your signature
- Start commenting
- List of Blogs
- List of Forums
- Add your logo to the logo mix
- Write Testimonials: Write about products/services you've bought. There is a good change to get a link in exchange.
10. Social Media Networks
- List of DoFollow Social Networking Sites
- Facebook Link Building
- Twitter Link Building
- LinkedIn Link Building
- Social Bookmarking
- 15 websites to get backlinks using Twitter profile
12. Reciprocal Links
13. Finding Related Websites
14. Starting a Blog
A blog is great for internal linking.
15. Ask People
Don't forget that websites are controlled by people. There are many ways to connect with those people and ask for a link eventually:
- Connect through social media websites (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Google+)
- Send them an email.
- Connect with them through forums.
- Connect with them by commenting on their posts.
16. Profile Links
17. Directory Submission
- There are some free directories where you can get links from.
- Our suggestion is Directory maximizer
18. RSS Directories
- If you have an RSS feed, you can submit it to RSS directories.
- list of rss directories
19. Web Camera
- Install a web camera in an interesting location and submit it to earthcam
- Helping webmasters: find broken links.
- Fix grammar/spelling of their website.
- Update old content.