- Explain your business
- add your website
- Add details: telephone, address, services, products
- connect with employees, clients, customers and people that will help build your authority.
- Get personal: use the summary section to add personal notes about yourself.
What to do in LinkedIn
1. Share stories
- Share stories with professional contacts
- You can view stories in Main Menu > News > LinkedIn Today
2. Status Updates
- You can search for updates to see find out what are people talking about.
- You can narrow your search by region, career, etc.
3. Post on your company's page
- You can post company news, job openings and share links.
4. Optimize URL
- Choose a custom URL for your profile.
- To change it go to Main Menu > Profile > Edit Profile > Scroll down and click Edit next to Public profile url
5. Join Related Groups
- LinkedIn has many groups that you can relate according to your profession.
- These groups are a good way to stay update and also make connections with people of your industry.
6. LinkedIn Apps
- LinkedIn has lots of useful apps that can help you expand your profile
- You can sync LinkedIn with Twitter.
- This way all your tweets will be shown in your LinkedIn status.
- You can do that at Main Menu > Settings > Profile > Additional information > Twitter
- If you tweet a lot you can use the option to show only tweets that contain the hash #in or #li
page revision: 4, last edited: 06 May 2012 12:22