Social media service for exchanging short messages restricted to 140 characters or less.
The retweet allows users to share tweets they find from others.
How to retweet
RT @nickname title
How to track retweets
The most popular retweets usually reflect the favorite topics of users.
- Tweetmeme: Tracks the most popular links.
- twetreach: TweetReach helps businesses measure the impact of social media conversations.
- Hashtag is a topic with the hash symbol (#).
- Hashtags help spread information on Twitter
- Rules on hashtags:
- Choose a hashtag early and use it consistently.
- Don't overuse them.
- DM = Direct Message: A Direct message is a personal message sent via Twitter to one of your followers.
- @ = Use to reply
- RT = Retweet
How to build a community in Twitter
- Create a user-friendly twitter id.
- Search people to follow.
- Add your twitter id to all of your signatures.
- Reach out and talk with people.
- Read the bio of those who follow you and learn something about them.
- Promote others